Matthew Purcell ATTORNEY IN SALT LAKE CITY
Matt Purcell has devoted his career to medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Prior to joining YHM, Matt spent eight years representing hospitals and health care providers in malpractice cases. He was mentored by some of the brightest and most respected defense attorneys in the state. Through that experience, Matt learned how elite defense lawyers think and operate, how they assess and value cases, and how they build a defense for a health care provider accused of malpractice. During his time as a defense lawyer, Matt had a front-row seat to the uphill battle injured persons fight when suing a health care provider in Utah. He eventually decided to switch sides and join YHM because he finds great satisfaction and purpose fighting for the “little guy” who has suffered a life-altering injury or loss of a loved one due to negligence of a trusted health care provider.
When Matt is not at work, he enjoys spending time with his children, playing/watching sports, traveling, painting, and doing almost anything outdoor.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School
- Graduated with honors
- Best Orator Award in Appellate Advocacy Course
- Intensive Trial Advocacy Clinic
- B.S., Business Management, Brigham Young University
- BYU Merit Scholar
- E. Wesley and Mary A. Porter Scholar
- Utah State Bar, United States District Court for the District of Utah, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in 2014.