Defective Tires Are Dangerous and Could Cause Auto Accidents
By Younker Hyde Macfarlane on March 29, 2014
Following any sort of serious auto accident, it's important to speak with legal experts, especially if the collision resulted in an injury. Personal injury attorneys will fight diligently to collect compensation for accident victims and their loved ones, allowing medical bills to be covered and other kinds of losses to be addressed. This is especially crucial when the accident was caused by the negligence of an auto company or an auto parts manufacturer, such as a tire company.
Types of Tire Defects
There are many different tire defects that can occur and contribute to an auto accident. These include:
- Poor Tire Quality - Tires have a certain shelf life to consider and have to be manufactured in a certain manner. When they sit around for too long, the overall quality of the tire may be adversely affected, making them unfit for the road.
- Tire Blowouts - Blowouts refer to tires suddenly deflating and leading to loss of driver control. Various kinds of punctures and stresses to the tires can lead to blowout, and poor tire quality can contribute to this as well.
- Tread Separation - A potential hazard at high speeds, this refers to instances in which the tread of a tire separates or peels from the tire itself. This can cause a diver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Sidewall Zipper Failure - This kind of defect occurs when the tire is being inflated, with the side portion of the tire blowing out. This can cause serious injury to the driver since he or she is so close to the tire.
- Bead Fracture - The bead of the tire is the portion that actually sits on the wheel itself. In these kind of defects, the tire bead can become caught on the wheel rim, leading to a blowout of the tire.
Why Defective Tires are So Serious
In all of the above cases, drivers may lose control of their vehicle and/or suffer serious injury from the tire failure itself. This poses a treat to the driver as well as any passengers in that vehicle. In addition, any motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians in the general vicinity of the vehicle are put at risk as the automobile may veer in their direction and collide with them.
Recalls Should Be Issued When an Issue Is Discovered
The makers of automobiles and auto parts have a duty to inform consumers of any flaws in design or manufacturing as soon as they are discovered. These products should be recalled in order to prevent potential harm. If companies do not issue recalls in a timely manner, they should be held accountable for the risks that their products pose to innocent consumers.
How Our Legal Team Can Help You
Following any injury caused by defective products, it's important to get skilled attorneys on your side. Our auto accident attorneys will not be intimidated by the legal teams that auto companies have in place. We will fight diligently to ensure that you receive just compensation for any injuries and tragic losses. By fighting for the consumer, we will help ensure that proper reforms are put in place to protect people from these preventable accidents.
Learn More About Your Legal Options Following an Auto Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of negligence by an auto company or auto part manufacturer, it's important that you get legal experts on your side. To schedule a legal consultation, contact our Salt Lake City personal injury attorneys today. We look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss your legal options and help you make the best possible choices when it comes to accident litigation.
Related to This
They were extremely knowledgeable, extremely helpful experts. The team helped me with all aspects of my case, including medical and financial, and understood that it affected more than me but also my family.- Jill S.