Taking Legal Action After a Bike Accident: What You Need to Know
One second, you’re riding your bike on the road; the next, you’re bracing for ground impact, the bike quickly sputtering away underneath you. Getting struck by a vehicle while on your bike is not only an immediate shake-up to the senses but, once the dust settles, spawns a bevy of other questions and concerns: What’s the damage? Who’s accountable? And perhaps most importantly - what kind of compensation can I receive?
Our bicycle accident lawyers in Salt Lake City, UT, have helped numerous cyclists just like you navigate the next steps after a sudden, unfortunate run-in. If you’re looking to take legal action after a bike accident, here’s what you need to know:
Recovering from Damages Received in a Bike Accident
Recovering from damages after a bike accident can be challenging and take up a significant amount of your time. However, there are a couple of ways you may consider moving forward:
- File a claim with the negligent party’s insurance provider: Policies will typically cover medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage associated with your bike accident. However, their insurance company will most likely not offer a fair amount that accurately compensates you for your total pain and suffering - especially if you don’t wish to claim punitive damages.
- File a civil lawsuit: Whether the party that caused your accident does not have insurance, their insurance company doesn’t offer a reasonable settlement, or you’re seeking punitive damages, filing for a civil lawsuit is another way to recover from damage received after a bike accident.
Why It Pays to Partner With an Experience Bicycle Accident Lawyer
When looking to take legal action after a bicycle accident, it’s imperative to turn to an experienced professional who can bolster your case and help you receive the most favorable compensation possible. Here are just some of the ways a bicycle accident lawyer can help:
- Determine liable parties regarding the accident.
- Collect evidence that supports your claim, including everything from police reports to surveillance footage.
- Communicate with the driver’s attorney, the insurance company, and any other vested parties.
- Assign a value to your damages and fight effectively for you to receive what you deserve.
Were You Involved in a Bike Accident? Contact Younker Hyde Macfarlane Today
If you’ve been involved in a bike accident in Salt Lake City or any of its surrounding communities, it’s crucial to have a team of dedicated attorneys in your corner. Additionally, if you know someone who has lost their life as a result of a bike accident, our Utah firm can also help guide you through the process of filing a wrongful death claim.
At Younker Hyde Macfarlane, we make the legal process as stress-free as possible, handling everything involved in the legal side of things so you can focus on physically and mentally recovering from your bike accident. With us, you’re not alone. For more information about how our bike accident lawyers can present you with options that help you win, reach out to our firm online today.